SGS Automotive Services is currently searching for an Auction Inspector to work in Plainfield, IN.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
• Inspect and process autos for GM Remarketing and other customers.
• Notate damages on remarketing vehicles per customer guidelines using hand held inspection device.
• Perform weekly inventory of vehicles as needed.
• Create accident appraisal forms as needed.
• Performs other duties as directed
• At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be able to perform inspections outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to stoop or bend.
• Must be able to lay on ground to inspect undercarriage of vehicles as required.
• Must be able to use hand held inspection device and possess some computer skills.
• Must have solid communication skills.
• Must be able to work well with customers and other vendors.
• Must be independent, reliable, trustworthy, and be able to work with little to no supervision.
• Must display good judgment.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.