Auto Press Operator
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time.
The role reports to the Manufacturing Manager - NEMA and is located in St. Louis, Missouri.
Pay range is: $19.09 - $24.03 per hour
2nd shift differential .43 cents per hour
3rd shift differential .86 cents per hour
Immediate Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Ability to understand and follow all ABB safety policies, safety training and hazard communication information. This includes but is not limited to wearing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) such as: safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, cut resistant gloves, and safety sleeves when required.
- Lift and or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently grip with hands, turn, push, and bend, along with occasional reaching above shoulder level, and pulling.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time and to keep up with the demanding pace of production.
- Possess the dexterity and hand-eye coordination to utilize various hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete a variety of complex task. Equipment includes but is not limited to: electric chain hoists, pneumatic shears, pneumatic wire twisters, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks, and controls with knobs and buttons. The employee must also possess the ability to assist in performing press-line equipment set-up and clearing of die jams.
- Ability to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, write, use a calculator. Must also have the ability to read and comprehend work orders, blueprints, inventory tags, and shipping labels.
- Ability to maintain regular work attendance, including arriving at work on time and remaining at work until the end of the schedules workday.
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime, including overtime on short notice.
- Auto Press Operators must be able to perform these functions in a manner that does not compromise their safety or the safety of coworkers.
- The auto press operator must be able to perform these task for a minimum of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week.
- If an employee is unable to perform these essential functions it is their responsibility to bring this to the attention of their supervisor, manager, or Human Resource Manager. In these situations, ABB will discuss and attempt to provide any reasonable accommodations that may be available.
- High school diploma/GED and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Manual lifting requirements up to 50 pounds.
- Operator will be trained on all steps of the job.
- Operator will be trained on operating electric pallet truck.
- Must know where Emergency Stops are located for the press you are running.
- Must check Emergency Stops and light curtains to be working properly.
- Verify the Press Release Form (QFSL-A001) is located at the press and is signed by a supervisor before running the press. Note: This must be done with each order.
- Visually inspect parts for burrs, chips, slug marks, bent teeth and missing features.
- Always inspect a part before running on continuous.
- Flatness must be checked 3 times per coil. ( back to back flatness check)
- Must verify inventory tags, coil #’s and blueprints match the work order.
- Match the part to the blueprint.
- Next you will be trained on how to feed the material through the straightener, feeder and up to the starting point in the die and slowly inch the material through the die.
- Always ensure the strip is receiving plenty of lubrication.
- Must keep an eye on the loop between the presses and scrap conveyor to be running.
- The operator will use an air wire twister to wire the stacks of lamination.
- At the end of the die run the operator will turn off the press, dereeler, straightener and the feeder.
- Must fill out a Red Tag for all Non Con material and move it to the Non Con area.
- Once the flywheel has stopped the operator will remove the end coil strip out of the die and save it to be sent to Tool Room with the die, then wipe all the oil off of the die and clean area thoroughly.
- Must work safely and pay attention to your surroundings and immediately report injuries, accidents and near misses to Supervisor.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.