Some of the duties include the following duties:
- Processes all new, used, and courtesy vehicle title paperwork for registration in the state and county in which they will be titled.
- Prepares tax and title documents.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the appropriate county tax office.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Maintains a system to verify out-of state titles.
- Reports to the office manager or comptroller on the status of any missing or problem titles. If possible, corrects errors and resubmits title paperwork.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full.
- Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
- Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
- Issues a written memo to sales managers and finance manager whenever regulations change.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work.
- Reviews accounting schedules and creates journal entries as needed.
- Assists with checking deals as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.