Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's St. Louis facility is looking for an Auto Punch Press Operator.
- • Operator will be trained on all steps of the job.
- • Operator will be trained on operating electric pallet truck.
- • Must know where Emergency Stops are located for the press you are running.
- • Must check Emergency Stops and light curtains to be working properly.
- • Visually inspect parts for burrs, chips, slug marks, bent teeth and missing features.
- • Must verify inventory tags, coil #’s and blueprints match the work order.
- • Must work safely and pay attention to your surroundings and immediately report injuries, accidents and near misses to Supervisor.
- Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to understand and follow all ABB safety policies, safety training and hazard communication information. This includes but is not limited to wearing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) such as: safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, cut resistant gloves, and safety sleeves when required.
- Possess the dexterity and hand-eye coordination to utilize various hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete a variety of complex task. Equipment includes but is not limited to: electric chain hoists, pneumatic shears, pneumatic wire twisters, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks, and controls with knobs and buttons. The employee must also possess the ability to assist in performing press-line equipment set-up and clearing of die jams.
- Ability to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, write, use a calculator. Must also have the ability to read and comprehend work orders, blueprints, inventory tags, and shipping labels.
- Ability to maintain regular work attendance, including arriving at work on time and remaining at work until the end of the schedules work day.
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime, including overtime on short notice.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.