Lead Automation Engineer - Clifton, NJ - Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The Automation Engineering Lead, plays a key role in the design, implementation, and execution of the technology roadmap for Lab Operations. Creates and lead the strategy for end-to-end traceability, lab automation, and real time process data collection, analytics, digitalization and visualization for performance management, to obtain a continuous reduction of the operational cost by improving the productivity of our processes, while providing a faster response and quality to our customers.
- Lead the design, implementation, and execution of the Technology Roadmap for Lab operations.
- Automation – Improve and simplify processes continuously by the identification, design, execution, commissioning and operational start-up of automation projects.
- Digitalization - Implement the necessary infrastructure system (hardware and software) to collect real time process data and analytics.
- Digital Visual Management – Implement real time digital visual management for main KPIs in our Lab Operations.
- E2E Traceability – Design/review the system (hardware and software) to track specimens in the entire supply chain.
- Get alignment and partnership with IT to create a clear path for execution of the Technology RoadMap considering all OT/IT convergence.
- Get alignment and partnership with National teams for the execution of the Technology RoadMap.
- Act as a key stakeholder in the development of automation projects justification including cost analysis, savings identification, return of investment, sizing/preliminary design and cost proposal.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in the design, planning, construction and maintenance of automation solutions.
- Own the creation of documentation for on the job, classroom, and virtual training and SOPs for ease of use of new Automation/OT solutions.
- Coaches and mentor management teams about the Technology RoadMap strategy and implementation advise.
- Quantifies and publicizes the realized benefits of automation projects as it applies to the company’s financial performance
- Audits existing processes and systems to assess / determine required improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in Automation Projects. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with SCADA design and development
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to translate performance improvement to financial performance
- Ability to utilize presentation skills to influence others to meet project objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of process controls techniques including statistical process control and data analysis techniques
- Financial reporting experience
Personal Trait Profile:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Highly self-driven / motivated and hands-on
- Excellent listening skills
- Results oriented