Automation Technical Proposal Manager - Mining Industry
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be accountable for sales of Solutions in Process Automation Process Industries, driving sales volumes and margins.
Reporting to the Industry Lead, Mining North America, you will use your experience and drive to build enduring customer relationships through excellent service.
***This is a work remote job***
- Integrity, safety, customer focus & collaboration are pillars of our work.
- Responsible for technical and commercial content of our Automation & Digital proposals.
- Lead the proposal team in the Request For Quotation (RFQ) specification reviews, technical clarifications, designing a winning automation solution for the customer and accurate cost calculation. Must be able to deliver technical and commercial offers.
- Support account managers with marketing information, technology and solutions including presentations and demonstrations of ABB Automation & Digital solutions.
- Engage with new & existing customers to grow our process control, automation and Digital installed base in process industries. Active face to face customer interaction and industry event engagement is critical. Must understand competitive solutions to help position ABB.
- The principle KPI is to exceed orders received (OR) & gross margin budget
- Work with other global and local Product Managers. Ensure that new technology/application releases within an industry segment are incorporated.
- Deliver high quality presentations to customers & at trade shows and deliver solution workshops. Able to develop, maintain and present a complex demo system. Keep updated on new features and marketing updates and their applications to the North American industries we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the automation field, quotations, proposals/ tenders, customers' interaction.
- Open to travel about 40%.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
- Preferred Experience: hands-on expert knowledge of ABB’s Automation & Digital technology (800xA, Symphony / Harmony, Master. MOD, ABB PLCs, Communication, IT/OT, IoT, asset management, Power Control etc.).
- Experience in leading a team would be an asset. Project experience would be an asset. Continuously learning and developing professional expertise.
- Considers the needs of both internal and external customers and making presentations for them. Seeks out new and innovative ways of approaching situations and tasks. Takes initiative and acts with confidence.
- Languages: French and Spanish are a plus.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.