Troiano Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram is hiring an experienced Diesel Technician!
Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician are tasked with repairing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when they arrive at the service department. Truck Mechanic/Diesel Technician also may spend much of their time diagnosing and repairing unusual problems, rather than conducting more routine vehicle service or simple repairs.
The duties of a master technician include:
- Conferring with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service
- Test-driving vehicles, and testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices