Tri-State area automotive dealership is looking for an experienced
Parts Manager to add to our dynamic service team.
The Parts Manager strives to return a satisfactory profit on the dealership’s investment in parts inventory. Parts managers accomplish their objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, display, and advertising.
- Properly staffing the department - which includes hiring, training, motivating, and monitoring the performance of all parts department staff
- Maintaining an orderly workplace
- Creating and overseeing an annual operating budget for the parts department
- Working with the service department, collision, repair, and wholesale account representatives to ensure inventory is available when needed
- Establishing competitive pricing specifications in various categories while generating sufficient profits and maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Determining appropriate inventory levels while ensuring periodic parts turnover
- Adjusting stock to curtail accumulation of unused or old parts
- Confirming that parts are appropriately coded so the dealership can claim a complete refund for unused factory stock
- Reviewing sales figures, costs, and stock monthly to ensure budget benchmarks are met
- Parts managers are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards