Family owned GM automotive dealership in beautiful Upstate South Carolina is seeking a highly motivated and skilled GM Automotive Service Manager to join and grow with our successful team. We have just celebrated our 40th anniversary of providing honest and quality service to our customers and are looking for a grounded, dependable and loyal person to add to our current management team. Our owner and General Managers are very down to earth and approachable. They truly care about the employees and want them to be happy and successful. The respect and support from the executive team is a rare find in today's workplace. If you're looking for a great career that also provides work/life balance, read on and let us hear from you.
Some of our great benefits include an excellent pay plan, great benefits and a fantastic working environment! - We are searching for a top performer and will compensate your performance with top pay for the industry.- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with company match, paid vacation, personal days and holidays.
You will be managing a very professional, dedicated and respectful group of employees. The overall team atmosphere is positive and customer service focused, which is what brings us together as a team. We have tenured team leaders and managers that will continue to provide support for you and your position, just as they have in the past. The company's success is important to all of us as we know that our personal success is contingent upon that. Many of our customers are 2nd and 3rd generation and very loyal, while comments from our new customers are by and large positive and appreciative of the care they've received.
The Service Manager is responsible for all operations within the service department including hiring and managing technicians and service consultants. While challenging at times, this has been proven to be a very rewarding position as well.
A few of the responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the customer experience meets or exceeds the manufacturer's Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI). Continual monitoring and improving of customer satisfaction.
- Operating the department efficiently by balancing safety and cost control with expected turnaround time.
- Creating and maintaining strong and trusting employee relationships. Will provide motivation, training and coaching to Service Department staff.
- Setting and achieving sales goals and objectives.
- The willingness and ability to learn, understand and prepare an annual operating budget and marketing plan.
- Monitoring the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems and surveys.
- Monitoring technician's daily productivity and corresponding payroll reports.
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months or more related experience and/or training. Previous experience as a service technician and /or service consultant is required and management experience is a plus. Professional certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is preferred.
Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The ability to understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, and also comply with these regulations including hazardous waste disposal and OSHA Right-to-Know. Excellent mathematical skills are required including the ability to apply concepts of statistics, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer