The Technical Specialist is responsible for assisting the CX team and CX Specialists with automotive technical expertise, customer support, and reviewing high dollar claims for technical approval. In addition, they will work with Houston parts contacts to escalate back-ordered parts to support dealer/customer-initiated requests and for open cases requiring difficult to obtain parts. These efforts reduce the need for rental cars for customers and provide technically sound repair procedures to resolve customer concerns.
The Technical Specialist is to support all customer contact channels that have customer-initiated part delay issues according to Ford business standards. A primary responsibility for this position will be to reduce days-to-close for cases opened due to parts delays, by 1) facilitating finding the part, 2) working with the operations, leadership, and business partners on process improvement ideas,3) ownership of the parts e-tracker tool, also using the D to D and Does II systems to locate parts and 4) working with PACO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review Technical Assistance Requests (TAR) cases for accuracy
- Liaison between Dealership Service Manager and Technicians, Field Service Engineer (FSE), and Customer
- Review technical review of high dollar cases
- Help CX Specialists interpret GCQIS
- Participate in CX Specialist training (such as Vehicle training)
- Validate/assist with dealer to dealer workmanship issues
- Communicate with CX Specialists on tech issues; updates, and resolutions
- Research and analyze alternative part sources comparing pricing and warranty to determine best value
- Provide part quote documentation in PAWS to Prior Approval and Inspections that include part pricing, delivery timeframe and warranty coverage
- Coordinate the ordering and shipment of parts to repair facilities
- Coordinate Service Part Warranty (SPW) repairs between repair facility and part supplier
- Monitor supplier performance relative to part shipments and warranty repairs. Report issues to management
- Coordinate the payment of part invoices with the Claims Payment Team
- Provide metrics to management for the monthly tech and parts reporting
- Mediate issues between part supplier and repair facility/customer to ensure equitable solutions are achieved when disputes occur
- Review UVIC documentation requested by Prior Approval and update claim accordingly
- Research Part Coverage Requests and make recommendations when updates are required
- Work on other activities and/or projects as requested by management
- Work schedule will support the largest Ford volume and may occasionally be required to support Ford 24/7
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work related experience
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or OEM parts certifications a plus
- 3 to 5 years of parts or technical experience
- Ford experience within Technical Hotline preferred
- Ford experience with PS&L preferred
- Technical background
- Strong written and oral communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and relationship-building
- Strong multi-tasking
- Strong organizational, time management, planning and problem solving
- Strong Team building skills, to work well within a close team environment – self-sufficient, resourceful and works well with minimal supervision
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Computer skills: Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet. Beginner Microsoft Access would be an asset
- Call center environment, open 24/7
- Must be able to interact with all internal and external departments and contacts and represent Percepta professionally with all clients, external organizations and contacts.
Physical and Logistical Requirements (Including equipment used)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Requires frequent use of hands, 10-finger, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and may include lifting up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Computer skills. Use computer, fax machine, telephone and copier.
Percepta requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. Percepta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.