DCS Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Electronics/Electrical Engineer with a comprehensive understanding of electronics engineering analysis techniques, along with a sound understanding of logistics sustainment databases (DECKPLATE, HIS (HAYSTACK), ONETOUCH, and TMAPS) to support PMA209’s Fleet Support Team (FST) located at Patuxent River, MD.
Essential Job Functions:
Performs technical engineering in support of logistical functions of PMA209 managed common avionics systems.
Performs sustainment related engineering projects across a wide variety of over 245 fielded systems, including Navigation, Communication, Safety and Mission Systems capabilities. This task involves:
- Electronic circuit and piece part analysis to identify substitute or alternate parts
- Technical engineering analysis, as required, for Fleet Engineering Investigations to identify root cause for Fleet avionics system problems
- Technical Publication and Manual engineering review and analysis, as needed, to ensure effective test procedures and associated capability are available to the Fleet
- Engineering Change Proposal technical review associated with Fleet fielded in-service avionics products
- Verification/Validation planning and test oversight, as needed, to ensure the capability that is being provided to the Fleet performs effectively
- Technical drawing engineering reviews to ensure that data packages comply with part specification, dimensioning, tolerance requirements, and associated manufacturing processes, as applicable
- Develops, corrects, and documents engineering investigation analysis and obsolescence engineering related processes
- Generates and/or follows engineering processes and procedures, as needed, to ensure ongoing service life sustainability for legacy avionics products used Navy Fleet-wide
Supports the FST logistics functions and serves as the focal point within the FST for DLA 339 processing. This task involves:
- Assessment of logistics data to determine if the part is required or if other sources of supply are available
- Assessment of technical data package to support identification of approved alternate part numbers/National Stock Numbers or procurement action by Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- Assessment of the availability and suitability of identified replacement parts
Operates in close coordination with a variety of stakeholders, including PMA209 Fleet Support Team staff, Fleet and other PMA customers.
Applies new technologies and/or innovative obsolescence management techniques to perform analysis and make recommendations that ensure customer product-lines are available to the warfighter throughout their intended service life.
Ensures rationales generated for use by upper management to make final technical and path forward decisions related to proposed system redesigns, including the use of alternative or substitute parts, are coherent and within established baselines.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering/science discipline, math, or computer science.
At least 6 years of experience in a related engineering/science field is required. 3 of those 6 years working with NAVAIR avionics systems is preferred.
Active Secret security clearance.
A BS degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.