Location: Must be located in Pacific Time Zone
As a member of the Engineering Analytics team, you will apply operation research and analytical methods to enumerate & solve challenges related to product behavior, release trends, and many more based on the products and platform.
- Must be able to collaborate with business resources, technologists, and subject matter experts to collect, analyze data, and present findings.
- Must be able to pivot quickly when additional information or requirements are introduced.
- Define, build and refine Engineering Operations & Product reports and dashboards to drive product releases & operational efficiency.
- Aptitude to analyze & develop actionable insights from large datasets and build trends.
- Manage data and analytics projects and coordinate with various teams and functions to ensure project success.
- Develop and leverage subject matter expertise in knowledge of the company's data environment.
- Evaluate and select database/data warehouse components, including relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Building from basic to intermediate analytical models to support operations.
- Create and analyze key performance metrics (KPIs) and good at documenting metrics definitions.
Desired skills/ qualifications:
- Statistics/ Data Science student in BS or master's program with interest in data mining, Business Analytics, and reporting.
- 5+ years of experience in developing analytic.
- Familiarity with /KPI Reporting, Workflow/Collaboration.
- Experience using programming and data analytics software - Python - MUST.
- Experience pulling data directly from systems using SQL.
- Experience with creating dashboards in a data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, DOMO, Claire, etc.).
- An understanding of statistics (hypothesis testing, principal component analysis, regression, clustering, etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, project management, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Possess excellent listening and interaction skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in verbal and written English
- Must be willing to learn new skills, be a team player.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.