Anthem, Inc. is the nation's leading health benefits company serving the needs of approximately 40 million medical members nationwide.
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions.
Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
Responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycle of analytic applications and reporting tools, utilizing various BI technology platforms. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and participate requirements gathering meetings.
- Participate in Design, development and testing phase and prepares technical and/or functional specifications documents as needed.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Maintains technical development environment. Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Experience/exposure with Big Data technologies
- Exposure to Hadoop Eco System..
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers.
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; 1 or more years experience; experience on one platform; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Multi database, multi language or multi business application preferred.
- 3+ years or more of ETL experience using Informatica/Teradata BTEQ– strong SQL skills, query optimization, working with large data volume.
- 3+ years in relational database using Teradata/Oracle and/or SQL server.
- 3+ years or more of experience in data warehouse/datamart environment and understanding of warehouse design.
- 2+years or more experience with Business Intelligence tools and projects – end-to-end implementation. Must have experience with at least 1 of the following tools BO/Tableau.
- 2+years of experience in Agile/Jira and able to work collaboratively with DEV Agile team, business customers and other IT departments.
- Strong Customer services skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Must embrace learning and working with changing technology.
- Ability to assist in the creation of functional and technical specifications
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran