Under the supervision of the lead agent and/or supervisor on duty, Ramp Agents are responsible for marshalling aircraft in and out of the gate, loading, unloading and sorting freight, mail and baggage in a safe manner while also achieving on-time departures and arrivals. Ramp Agents may also be responsible for servicing aircraft lavatories, cleaning aircraft, restocking items, deicing and other duties as delegated.
- Marshalls aircraft on the ramp including directing, assisting and parking all arriving, departing and towed aircrafts in accordance with safety policy and procedures.
- Performs wing walker duties to protect the aircraft wing from equipment in the path of pushback and maintains visual contact with the pushback driver to alert the driver of any danger.
- Lifts, loads/unloads, sorts and transfers passenger baggage, airmail, freight and company material in and out of aircraft bins, belt loader or baggage carts in a safe manner and within specific time constraints.
- Maintains safety and security of the ramp at all times and complies with safety procedures and station policies.
- Reads and verifies the city and flight number for every bag to ensure correct loading of customer bags.
- Communicates with Operations, Flight Crew personnel and other ground personnel concerning arrival/departure information in a professional manner.
- Drives/operates ramp equipment, including but not limited to bag tugs, belt loaders, aircraft tow tractors and water and lavatory servicing vehicles in a safe manner.
- Services aircraft as needed to include cleaning lavatories and cabin and restocking items.
- Arrives to work on time and at assigned post to ensure prompt servicing of the aircraft and on time departures.
- May work in the baggage make-up area and prioritize baggage load for delivery to the proper aircraft for loading.
- Ensures GSE equipment is in proper working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License for operating ground support equipment.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
DAL Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Vets/Disabled