The Backend Maintainer is responsible for the setup, adjusting, repairing, maintaining and overhaul of all backend-related equipment.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions especially for LockoutTagout, Chemical Handling, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Check schedule to determine need for changeover or conversion or if scheduled maintenance is in order. Determine if schedule or permits time for overhaul repair or readjustments required by equipment.
- Check machines and analyze any mechanical or operational issues.
- Plan for and take corrective actions if necessary to maintain optimal quality and production.
- Make changeovers or conversions by setting up assigned equipment for change in material size or product. Operate equipment to try out. Check, test and measure product for quality specifications. Examine for visual defects. Make repair or overhaul as required the printer attachments coating ovens and the internal and bottom coating equipment and the associated transfer equipment and mechanical control devices short of machining parts.
- Replace worn or damaged parts. Retime machine action.
- Instruct train and certify other equipment operators and mechanics as directed. Operate, repair, clean and lubricate equipment as required to maintain production. Clear jams. Check supplies and add or change materials.
- Request or obtain additional quantities of supplies.
- Examine test and measure product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using appropriate gauges and instruments and record date.
- Read schematics, prints and exploded views of machinery and equipment. Interpret and follow procedural manuals, manufacturers' guides and operation instructions.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspection of assigned equipment report findings and take appropriate action. Perform maintenance work orders as required.
- Analyze spoilage as to cause and take corrective action. Notify supervisor of any incidences of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken and of any poor quality material or supplies noted. Operate equipment and assist production as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Mechanically inclined familiar with hand tools
- Familiar with proper handling of chemicalssolvents
- Previous mechanical experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Minimum of 2 years previous mechanical experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with PLC controls and a basic electrical knowledge
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to stand for a long duration of time in excess of 8 hours a day
- Able to bend and rotate body repeatedly Able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors, fumes and loud noise
- Able to perform fine manipulations with hands
- Able to climb stairs frequently
- Able to visually differentiate colors
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays and night shifts