It is the primary responsibility of the Banquet Server to service guests with quality service and maintain the high standards set forth by the location and department. This includes, but is not limited to, setting, serving, and clearing tables during banquet and convention functions while providing excellent guest service. All duties must be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department/Company and property policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Functions and Tasks
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for effective operation of the department
- Anticipates and responds effectively to guests’ inquiries and needs, and promptly resolves guest complaints within scope of authority.
- Works as part of a team, assisting all guests and employees with their needs and inquiries.
- Serves and assists guests throughout the function, including serving and maintaining the guests’ food and beverage orders throughout the dining experience, and utilizing banquet and ala carte techniques.
- Sets up, monitors, refreshes, and breaks down functions, such as coffee breaks, continental breakfast, and buffets as assigned, according to management and group requirements.
- Sets up, replenishes, and breaks down dining tables to include linen, glassware, silverware, condiments, accessories, and other service wares.
- Greets guests as they arrive in a positive, welcoming manner, and assists them with seating at tables according to all service standards and expectations.
- Guides the guest in all phases of their experience at the Banquet event.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Delivers food items to tables from service kitchens and removes courses as completed.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.