A Banquet Set-Up Attendant (Houseman) is responsible for setting-up and cleaning-up of all banquet functions (Follow direction, work independently; basic knowledge of meeting room set/event set-ups - 5 up to 800 people)
What will I be doing?
As a Houseman, you are responsible for supporting Food and Beverage operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Houseman will also be required to ensure cleanliness of all areas and maintain equipment. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain cleanliness of Food and Beverage areas - including not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, polishing, wiping, scrubbing
- Ensure equipment is in full working order and report any defects
- Project a professional manner to guests and team members
- Assist back of house team when requested
- Assist with set ups to ensure department runs efficiently
- Manage the mis-en-place relating to Food and Beverage functions and special menus in a timely manner
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
A Houseperson serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Prior Banquet department experience preferred.
- Prior set up experience preferred.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!