What will I be doing?
As a Barista with Hilton Hotels and Resorts you will be responsible for serving coffee drinks, beverages and food items in a friendly and courteous manner. Accurately collects payment, makes change and closes out guest checks. Sets up and breaks down station and maintains cleanliness.Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operating various coffee and beverage machines, serving food and beverages to customers in a prompt, friendly manner, observing health and safety standards in the operation of all beverage and food equipment. Refilling bowls, arranging food plates and assembling sandwiches as necessary.
- Receiving order from customer, inputting order/prices into the register, and then closing the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash or house charge)
- Setting up and breaking down station, performing various cleaning tasks throughout the shift to meet all health regulations and standards. At the end of shift, returning all unused food to proper departments or storage areas, ensuring that all foods have been properly stored. Ensuring that all equipment, are properly cleaned and stored, including, but not limited to, coffee machines, slush machines, and drink dispensers.
- Balancing house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieving and returning bank from vault to workstation and return to ensure accountability.
- Maintaining inventory of food and supplies and communicating requests daily through written communication to ensure adequate food and beverage supplies. Notifying proper departments of any equipment needs and/or problems.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 6 months' cash handling/cashiering experience required
- Open availability to work any day or shift between the hours of 4am-10pm, and ability to work on-call
- Prior hospitality or food & beverage experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
- CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred
- Must be able to successfully pass credit history check
- Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable
- Due to the immediate nature of this opening, only applicants who are currently residing in Hawaii will be considered; no visa sponsorship or relocation is available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with guests.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures to handle cashier functions.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift/carry and transport items weighing up to 200lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to push/pull or transport items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work within extreme temperature conditions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to use all counter equipment and utensils (i.e., spoons, ladle…)
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!