Barnes Aerospace has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced P&L Leader to lead its Lansing, Michigan Division. We are seeking a strong business leader to play an integral role in directing and executing the business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. Leveraging our Barnes Enterprise System (BES), and cultivating a high-performance culture through employee engagement and empowerment, the Division Manager will lead and ensure the successful implementation of key business processes to drive Commercial, Operational and Financial Excellence to meet customer needs and deliver on business commitments. The right candidate should be an impact player, with a proven track record of accomplishments and, understand the business implications of decisions. He or she should have a proactive leadership style and approach, the ability to lead by example and build collaborative teams in alignment with our corporate values. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
- Empowers teams with a leadership/management style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to drive and achieve results. Completely owns the numbers from driving the development of, and participates in reviewing and approving short and long-term sales plans, other operating objectives and profit plans. Consistently achieves and executes the business plan the right way.
- Leads and manages the areas of accountability to achieve short-term and long-term business success and required financial performance. Plans and directs the overall activities that meet or exceed established performance metrics including safety and environmental stewardship in alignment with the company vision, strategy and BES.
- Engaged in the development of the annual sales and profit plan. Successfully executes the sales and profit plan at the site. Leads and directs the strategic and tactical activities to drive increased sales for all products and services while maintaining profitability, margins and the highest standards of customer service/satisfaction.
- In alignment with the BGI Corporate Values, effectively works with peers to enhance the performance of the overall Barnes Aerospace business. Understands and embraces “Enterprise Leadership” as it relates to executing plans for the specific site/division while supporting the achievement of the overall short and long-term goals of Barnes Aerospace.
- Achieves profitable top-line revenue and market share growth through the effective management and execution of NPD and NPI cycles and increased process capabilities and capacity.
- Actively partners and engages Sales on customer management as the “voice-of-the-customer” (VOC). Seeks to expand product offerings with existing customers, help develop new customers and expand the division presence as a strategic supplier.
- Attracts, develops, and retains qualified, talented people, creating and sustaining a high performance culture. Organizes the business to execute and deliver promised results on a consistent basis - the right way.
- Operates as a strong team leader and team builder focused on generating results through collaboration, influence and relationship building as much as direct line authority. Builds a passionate and driven leadership team that possesses unmatched intensity and professionalism who desire and understands “how to win”.
- Ensures the effective management of operating methods, budget spending, manpower/resource utilization and labor efficiency, and material scheduling and capacity planning.
- Achieves productivity and efficiency improvements through continuous improvement activities and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Minimum of 10+ years of P&L experience required in a manufacturing environment. Prior commercial and sales management experience necessary.
- At least 8 years of experience of effectively leading and managing people. A proven track record of implementing and successfully executing strategies to build and sustain a high performance work environment. Solid track record of Program Management, NPI/NPD and business development experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate sales, operations, finance, logistics and human resource disciplines to maximize the site P&L performance. Develops and implements performance indicators to continually improve the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (EI). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information. Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization. Emotionally intelligent change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results. Has strong executive presence.
• Bachelor’s degree required in business management, engineering or related discipline required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and
professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.