Barnes Aerospace, West Chester Division has an exciting career opportunity to lead its Engineering organization. We are seeking a dynamic individual to play an integral role in driving and supporting our business goals and objectives for profitable, sustainable growth. The right candidate should have a proven track record of providing leadership and expertise in the application of engineering activities to ensure successful NPI, support daily operational issues and aggressively drive cost-out activities. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. This position reports to the Division Manager.
- Oversee all new product introduction engineering activities to ensure that milestones, budgets, and customer’s technical expectations are met.
- Implement and integrate predictive analysis tools to support NPI “Right First Time” capabilities.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to create and implement tools and processes required to ensure on time delivery of all NPI projects.
- Develop and implement robust Configuration and Engineering Change Management Processes that minimize impact to Finished Goods and WIP.
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the engineering staff to ensure they provide the necessary technical support to safety sales, manufacturing, and quality to achieve division objectives.
- Ensure that all manufacturing special processes (welding, heat treat, brazing, vacuum furnace, etc.) and tooling conform to customer, organizational, and governmental standards.
- As required, develop project plans to support NPI and other projects as dictated by business needs.
- Provide technical support to all customers on engineering issues related to quality and growth challenges.
- Develop, coach and mentor team of engineers to ensure the highest level of performance and standards of excellence.
- Manage by way of Leadership Effectiveness (EI) to motivate, inspire and direct in a more effective manner.
- Coordinate the development of tooling and N/C programs to support the processing of parts.
- Manages/supports inventory and accountability for customer owned property (tooling).
- Develops and grow the team’s skills pool in line with the growth strategy of the businesses.
- Maintains the businesses innovation strategy inclusive of capital acquisitions and new technology insertion.
- Maintains a capable indirect load capacity model for the business.
- 5 to 10 years of aerospace industry engineering experience preferred with a process engineering background in manufacturing operations with an emphasis on cold forming, welding, brazing, and heat treat.
- Experience with AS9100, aerospace customer contracts, system requirements and Nadcap preferred.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience. Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (Emotional Intelligence). Must be an effective change leader; balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement and change; suggests and encourages innovative ideas for products and processes.
- Strong project management skills; PMP Certification strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of ERP systems and engineering’s role within the system (Syteline experience preferred).
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively at all levels of the organization (both internally and externally).
- Experience with change management, success in influencing, building commitment and overcoming resistance to drive change initiatives.
- Knowledge of financial modeling (Revenue stream vs. product costs vs. capital costs).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Project preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com
, click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.