This role will identify, assign, and monitor cases for the intensive Care Management Program. The role will also work with providers, clinical staff, and recovery specialists to ensure timely and appropriate identification, assignment and monitoring of individuals in the intensive case management.
- Identification and Assignment of individuals for enrollment into ICM and any special initiatives;
- Log onto queue line daily and be available to take provider and/or client referral information for assignment to ICM. This includes obtaining basic information from the caller and determining the appropriateness of case management services as quickly as possible and gathering any additional information including the Release of information;
- Review daily list of authorization and forward relevant authorization information to case manager and / or regional coordinator; Track re-admission data on a daily basis and monitor caseloads for connections to lower levels of care and notify Recovery Specialist and Regional Coordinators;
- Track individuals in treatment and contact providers to obtain signed Release of Information;
- Monitoring recovery specialist's compliance with documentation standards by ensuring accurate and timely entering of all documentation in the electronic record of a client. This includes but is not limited to monitoring and auditing screening, recovery plan, assessments, and client activity notes;
- Ensure program outcomes meet contract standards by closely monitoring the electronic record and working with the Recovery Specialist and Regional Coordinator to audit data on a regular basis;
- Prepare monthly reports as requested;
- Schedule and attend provider outreach meetings for the purpose of facilitating referrals to the intensive case management program. Provide telephonic outreach to providers to encourage and follow up on referrals to the intensive case management program;
- Review and approve client discharge request submitted by Recovery Specialist including verifying all necessary documentation (i.e. notes, assessments, status updates, etc) are complete;
- Maintains confidentiality of all client protected health information and adheres to all HIPPA related policies and procedures;
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.