Looking for a meaningful job where the work you do truly makes a difference in people’s lives every day? Intrado’s Health Advocate division in Plymouth Meeting is currently seeking Evening Benefits Associates! Our Benefits Associate at Health Advocate play an important role in providing guidance and direction to our members regarding their benefit plans. As this is a member-facing role, our Benefits Associate are friendly, compassionate, and great listeners.
Health Advocate offers a comprehensive training program to develop the knowledge you need to be successful in assisting members.
We offer Great Benefits ! The benefits package for this position includes very generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) with a match. Health Advocate has an Onsite fitness facility, yoga classes, Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, and employee activities to support employees with various goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with internal and external resources to provide guidance and direction regarding benefit plan options, cost factors and detailed benefit review
- Answer incoming calls and respond to benefit inquires
- Place outbound follow-up calls for issues that cannot be resolved during the initial call
- Provide guidance to members on open enrollment issues, questions and concerns about benefit options which may include comparing and contrasting benefits during open enrollment, new hires and change of status
- High School Degree or GED required
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of one year customer service, healthcare, or employee benefits experience required
Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel required
- Must score acceptably on job related testing
- Ability to pass standardized interview
- Based on assignment may need to be bilingual in English, Spanish, etc.
Hours of operation are: Monday - Friday
- Medicare A, B, MediGap, Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D plans
- High deductible health plans including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) and Health Saving Accounts (HSAs)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), including limited FSAs
- Coordination of benefits and which plan is primary - simple cases (commercial plans, Medicare plans)
- Summary Plan Documents (SPDs) and Certificates of Coverage (COCs)
- Government programs, resources and legislation and mandates including but not limited to Affordable Care Act, FMLA, Medicaid, CHIP
- Group Health Plans (fully insured and self-insured)
- Pharmacy benefits including injectable medications
- Individual Health Plans and Marketplace/Exchanges plans
Full Time: 1 - 9 pm; 2 - 10 pm; 3 - 11 pm
Part time hours will be considered between 1-11 pm
Hourly compensation includes 10% shift differential, if applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled