The candidate must be versed in written translation into both English and Spanish languages; they must be able to write English and Spanish proficiently. The candidate must be able to produce a clear and essentially error-free written translation that reads as though it were written in the target language preserving the tones of the source text.
The Bi-Lingual Executive Secretary/translator directly supports the Council Members in a manner that assures that the Congregation's Leadership has the effective support to carry out the work of the Congregation.
This candidate must be able to work independently with minimal or no supervision, this position provides for and supports the smooth operation of the office by anticipating the needs of the Council Members the position supports. The Bi-Lingual Executive Secretary performs diverse executive secretarial and administrative support, including translation of documents, and assists in the administration of day-to-day activities. By nature of the position, the work involves a high degree of professionalism, dealing with internal and external customers and flexibility to respond to the changing priorities of the Congregation. Exposure to sensitive information necessitates the use of creativity, tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment. The work requires the ability to handle confidential information on a regular basis; the ability to perform a variety of important, frequently urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities.
- College degree and additional experience or education related to the role.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish; must be well versed in translation into both English and Spanish languages.
- Conceptual and analytical capabilities and a temperament conducive to being part of a results-oriented team.
- Demonstrates high organization skills, self-starter, capable of multi-tasking, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills and speaking/presentation ability.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and various graphics programs.
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including some weekends and evenings.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work with little supervision, sets priorities, creates schedules and meets deadlines.
- Capacity to work under pressure and efficiently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Capable of remaining calm and working well under pressure.
- Patience, strong customer service skills.
- Project/time management skills.
- Requires proficient technical knowledge and skills with computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Also good working knowledge of copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Minimum five (5) years of administrative/secretarial experience with executive level leadership teams.