This Position is responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting and reporting complex financial issues. This position is heavily involved in streamlining monthly reporting and analysis decks, along with some treasury oversight and focused on Financial Controls (with a stronger emphasis on the accounting aspect of the business). As a member of the International Finance team, this role is expected to lead efforts in improving financial processes; ensuring reporting accuracy, strengthening corporate, operational financial analyses and financial models while also building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals. This position will have opportunities to perform financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting for the international operations group of CHRISTUS Health.
This position reports directly to the Director of International Finance and currently has no direct reports.
- Assist management with the preparation of monthly executive presentations, as well as various ad hoc reporting requests.
- Lead monthly financial reporting analysis projects and report results to Senior Leadership.
- Develop and maintain financial models that provide guidance for Senior Leadership.
- Support Senior Management and Corporate Associates with data requests and analyses.
- Identify and implement improvements to Financial Reporting processes
- Analyze monthly regional financial statements and statistics to identify variances between planned and actual results to provide management with transparency and guidance.
- Assist in establishing and strengthening financial and operational reporting of newly acquired business units or joint ventures.
- Analyze, model, and create valuation presentations for potential M&A and JV targets.
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in English and Spanish required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field Required
- MBA with finance concentration preferred
- Must possess strong analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required in order to educate, inform, develop documents, presentation materials, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high stress operation with high standards of excellence.
- Must be able to support and perform tasks in a manner consistent with Integrity and Compliance standards.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications; Advanced MS Excel and Intermediate MS Powerpoint.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions within established procedures.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Must have at least five years prior experience in financials analysis and modeling.
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- No certification required; but CPA preferred.