The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Houston seek a part-time, bilingual Social Services / Program Coordinator for its Casa San Jose Ministry to work directly with asylum seekers and immigrants recently settled in Houston, TX. The Social Services/ Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing support in a case management style to assist individuals and families in a community-based setting. They will identify needs and access services related to food, housing, education, health, mental health, transportation, and child care. The Social Services/ Program Coordinator will also create and coordinate on-site programming for families and children that fosters social-educational development, resiliency and wellness, cultural assimilation and that helps individuals become advocates for themselves and their families in a new country. This position will be certified as a Case Assistance Navigator through HHSC's Community Partner Program.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Social Work or related field. MSW or LMSW/LCSW preferred.
* Fluency in Spanish and English, including speaking, reading and writing.
* Understanding of the needs of immigrants and vulnerable families.
* Experience in program development and implementation.
* Mission driven with a strong ethical character capable of exercising good judgement and discretion with a heart for serving immigrant communities and children.
* Can demonstrate intercultural skills and sensitivity.
* Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
* Minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
* Experience working with immigrant families and children preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: