Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The purpose of this role is to interact with members regarding medical and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims issues and to assist with plan selection and enrollment. This role is expected to identify opportunities to connect members to the best resources to meet their healthcare needs and provide support in order to resolve medical and benefits issues on behalf of a member. The Customer Service Advocate builds trust with members across their health care lifecycle.
- Provide in language service to Vietnamese and English speaking customers over the phone
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims
- Proactively educate members on cover benefits, plan exclusions, and procedures to enhance total customer service experience
- Maximize use of community services, support programs, and resources available to members
- Assist and involve in member retention projects
- Perform other related projects and duties as assigned
- Meet established performance standards
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in Vietnamese and English
- 1+ years in a Customer Service environment (proven customer service skills and experience working in retail, call centers, or any other professional setting)
- 1+ years of moderate proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to successfully complete the UnitedHealthcare Operations new hire training and demonstrated proficiency upon hire
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 8:30 pm Eastern time), where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over - time and / or weekends, as needed
- Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- Experience in Health Care / Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to phone and walk - in conversation, printers, and floor activities
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth group, UnitedHealth care, Vietnamese, bilingual, Chinese, customer service, call center, phone advocate