Billing Analyst- Teterboro, New Jersey - Mon to Fri 8 AM - 5 PM
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Position is responsible for providing the billing offices with Centricity system and billing support. Strict adherence to policies and procedures and attention to detail are required for this position.
- Primary responsibility is to review, create & edit dictionaries (file maintenance) within the billing system, Centricity, including physician tables, fee schedules, dictionaries, etc.
- Review and resolve billing and system issues submitted by the Ameripath billing offices to the Corporate Billing department
- Review and/or create TES edits, BAR Rules, and BAR edits/claim logic as assigned/needed.
- Review and/or create DBMS reports/queries.
- Report to management progress on the billing and system issues assigned
- Communicate with other departments billing and system findings that need to be resolved by those departments (IT, Provider Relations, Managed Care, QA etc.)
- Work with multiple staff, leads, managers, etc. to identify & resolve issues related to billing and the billing system
- May serve as Project Manager on various billing and small system related functionality
- Conduct training as needed.
- Report to management all departmental issues
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts and coordinates financial, product, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments of the Billing organization.
- Interprets, evaluates, and interrelates research data, and develops integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Quick understanding of billing and business issues and how those translate into system data issues
- Computer literate – expertise in Microsoft Office suite of products desired
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet daily high productivity
- Ability to work within a team environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Dependable, motivated, able to pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of GE Healthcare’s Centricity Business 5.1 (or Flow cast 3.0), more specifically Dictionary and Fee Schedule maintenance.
- Experience in medical billing/collections and/or medical/insurance software support
- Previous AR supervisory experience, SQL knowledge
- Familiar with the AR and revenue billing lifecycle