Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Billing Analyst Representatives are responsible for all accounts receivable, cash flow, billing & eligibility internal/external questions, and customer service on the Oxford platform totaling approximately $600 million in revenue per month. These functions include fielding inbound calls, conflict resolution making outbound calls to our customers and brokers ensuring strong cash flow and superior Days Sales Outstanding results. This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing.
Note: Positions mainly responsible for more general A / R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family.
- Cash Management and payment allocation
- Auditing reconciliations
- Receivables Management
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Strong Adherence to time management
- Maintain working relationship with customers in territory
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Excel (analyzing data on spreadsheets and using Microsoft Excel formulas such as sum, pivot tables, v-look ups)
- 1+ years of experience with financial reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access (navigating databases)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (using and creating macros)
- The ability to work in an agile environment
- Detail oriented
- Analytical/critical thinking
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Billing, Representative, Analyst, Shelton, CT