Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So, the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. Also, you’ll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
- Interact with customers to gather support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies
- Provide input to policies, systems, methods and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function
- Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed
- Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience in medical and / or health insurance billing
- Previous experience working in a metric driven environment with department goals / quotas to meet on a daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Experience and knowledge working within HIPAA guidelines and compliance
- Data Entry experience, including but not limited to areas such as inventory, claims, billing, internal systems, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Ability to participate with overtime projects as needed
- Ability to work Monday - Friday on a 37.5 - hour schedule within the operating hours of the site (8 am to 4 pm)
- Knowledge of Northwell Health systems ie: Invision, Keane, Eagle, Sorian, Series and GECB
- Experience in Worker's Compensation or No Fault claims processing
- Ability to multi - task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Adaptable and flexible within a work environment
- Interpersonal communication skills - written and verbal communication with colleagues as well as business partners
- Ability to prioritize tasks with ease
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Billing Representative, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical, Billing, Melville, NY, Optum, Northwell, Workers, Worker's, Comp, Compensation, No Fault