Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. Also, you'll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
- The Billing/Collections Rep is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all claims prior billing.
- The Billing/Collections Rep prepares charge batches for billing through;
- Manually preparing charge batches
- Confirming, adding or adjusting charges on the patient’s account
- Entering payments received at the physician’s office (co-pays, coinsurance, etc)
- Ensuring all practice site correspondence is received
- Verifying all required information is included on the claim such as date of service, insurance, procedure codes, modifiers, and diagnosis codes
- Validating all charge batches to ensure there are no validation errors
- Correctly batch printing and closing all charges and batches
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Intermediate Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work a 40 hour schedule within the operating hours of the site either 8 am - 5 pm or 9 am - 6 pm
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Previous experience in billing or collections
- Experience in Allscripts, NexGen, or Epic
- Ability to multi - task and to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing Representative, Charge Entry, AR, Revenue Cycle