This is a 1st shift position with rotating on call.
Performs electrical safety testing, performance testing, preventative maintenance, calibrations, pre-acceptance inspections, and repairs of Patient Care Equipment at the Reading Hospital and associated facilities. Performs staff instruction as needed. Performs other duties, as needed to support the Facilities Management Department.
According to The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled
individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose
undue hardships on the organization.
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
3. Writing: Must be able to accurately document pertinent information either by writing or typing.
4. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Frequently within shift (34-66%): Sitting, Standing, Walking
Occasionally within shift (1-33%): Bending, Crouching, Squatting, Kneeling, Pulling with force, Reaching above head, Reaching above shoulder, Push/pull
(up to 350 lbs.), Lift from floor level up, Lift from waist level up, Lift above shoulders/head, Lifting 50 lbs. maximum & frequent lifting &/or carrying of
objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
May be exposed to blood borne pathogens High Risk
May be exposed to toxic, caustic, chemicals &/or detergents
May be exposed to moving mechanical parts
May be exposed to potential electrical shock
May be exposed to communicable diseases
May be exposed to X-Ray/electromagnetic energy
COMMUNICATION AND TACT:
Communicates effectively. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Consults with supervisor concerning assignments, activities, needs and problems.
(2) Is polite and tactful when interacting with other employees.
(3) Summarizes problems quickly and accurately to an understandable level.
(4) Collaborates with fellow technicians during morning meeting and contributes meaningful experiences that will help others grow in technical
(5) Written and verbal's skills should be above average.
CONTINUED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
Maintains current in technological area of expertise and biomedical field. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Attends local Biomedical organizations, such as MEPCIS and PAMIA, and is actively involved.
(2) Keeps current with the biomedical field through magazine subscriptions, AAMI membership, internet listservs, etc.
(3) Attends service seminars, takes notes, and presents in-services to fellow technicians.
(4) Shows motivation and enthusiasm in the Biomedical field.
FISCAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - 5075:
Performs duties and necessary education in fiscal, social and ethical manner. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Demonstrates excellence by performing quality work, maintains a positive outlook and strives for continuing quality improvement.
(2) Demonstrates integrity by working in a professional competent manner, being responsible and dependable while taking pride in their work.
(3) Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by making wise use of time, tools, supplies and equipment.
(4) Reports to work on time and is ready for duty. Does not abuse lunch or break times.
(5) Adjusts schedule to accommodate hospital needs when requested.
(6) Keeps work areas clean, safe, and orderly.
(7) Shows patience when working with difficult and tedious situations.
PRE ACCEPTANCE INSPECTION CONFIRMATION:
Perform Pre-Acceptance Inspection on new equipment. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Perform complete electrical safety inspection and performance inspection. Write a model specific PM Procedure and document test results.
(2) In-service fellow Biomedical Technicians on new equipment, including clinical aspects of device. Demonstrate PM Procedure.
(3) Create new manufacture folder with PM Procedure, Pre-Purchase form, operators manual, and service manual.
(4) Properly label equipment with control number, inspection tag & warranty date.
PREVENTATIVE AND RESPONSIVE MAINTENANCE:
Performs preventative maintenance and repairs of medical equipment. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Performs preventative maintenance inspections, meeting or exceeding completion rates of 95 % for non-life support, and 100 % of life support
(2) Performs preventative maintenance inspections, meeting or exceeding completion times.
(3) Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance in the designated department.
(4) Maintains a productivity level of at least 85%.
(5) Maintains work order folders with current status of repairs.
(6) Responds promptly to emergency calls during the work day and off hours.
(7) Repairs equipment in a cost effective, timely manner without requesting frequent help from others.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, patient confidentiality, and other Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, as
appropriate. The content of this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expectations performed by incumbents in this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties required and performed by the incumbent in the role. Nothing in this job
description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the ‘at will’ employment relationship between the company and the employee. The organization has the right, at
its sole discretion, based on business and patient needs, to alter or change the expectations at any time.
2 year/Associate Degree or combination of relevant education & experience may be considered in lieu of Associate's Degree
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS (MAY VARY BASED ON DEPARTMENT NEEDS).
PA Drivers License
* Reliable transportation
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Computer Skills to include use and navigation