Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic leader with a desire to guide teams in achieving established goals and is interested in producing good food, responsibly for families across America? Then join one of the country’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
In Operations, you would be on the front-line of the business; overseeing production, tracking product yields, and making necessary adjustments. Ensuring that safety and USDA health standards are met throughout all steps of the manufacturing process. You would be a key player in upholding the trusted quality in which Smithfield, Eckrich, Nathan’s Famous, and our other brands are known to possess.
The Plant Operator reports to the Production Manager, and in his absence, to the Director, Production. The position is one of assisting in the manufacture of the Company’s products pursuant to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP) as regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.Core Responsibilities
- Operational \u2013 Receives purchased raw materials and supplies on behalf of the company, and transfers such materials within the facility, as required. Periodically sanitizes production equipment and the facility to a ready-to-use condition. Performs production operations, including loading and unloading of chemical equipment, filters, vacuum and freeze driers, sampling of intermediates, size reductions, in-process qualitative and quantitative testing, packaging, and discharging of plant effluent, all as per established SOPs.
- Administrative \u2013 Logs all operations performed in batch records and/or cleaning logs. Issues receiving reports when receiving raw materials and supplies. Precision and careful attention to accuracy of recording information is essential.
- Staff \u2013 Advises supervisor and the quality assurance manager of any cGMP violations and keeps supervisor abreast of low levels of raw materials and supplies.
- Limits of Authority- No authority to sign for the Company, except when receiving raw materials and supplies. No authority to divulge company information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, required.
Continued education a prerequisite for advancement.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.