This is a 1st shift position with on call as needed for special projects and outages.
Job duties typically include planning and implementing security measures to protect Biomedical computer systems, networks and data. Also is responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect Biomedical networks. Additional duties may include:
Creating, testing and implementing Biomedical network disaster recovery plans, Performing risk assessments and testing of networked Biomedical systems,Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures on Biomedical networks, Recommending security enhancements on Biomedical networks, and training staff on Biomedical networks and information security procedures. Works closely with IT Information Security Engineers. Locations are at Reading Hospital and associated facilities.
BIOMED CYBER SECURITY TECH DUTIES:
The Responsibility and Accountability 'meet standards' when:
(1) Consults with supervisor concerning assignments, activities, needs and problems.
(2) Is polite and tactful when interacting with other employees.
(3) Summarizes problems quickly and accurately to an understandable level.
(4) Collaborates with fellow technicians during morning meeting and contributes meaningful experiences that will help others grow in technical
(5) Written and verbal's skills should be above average.
BIOMED CYBER SECURITY TECH DUTIES II:
Maintains professional growth. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Attends local Biomedical organizations, such as MEPCIS and is actively involved.
(2) Keeps current with the Biomed Cyber Security field through magazine subscriptions, AAMI publications, internet listservs, etc.
(3) Attends service seminars, takes notes, and presents in-services to fellow technicians.
BIOMED CYBER SECURITY TECH DUTIES III:
Cyber security duties. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Performs inventory of networked Biomedical equipment.
(2) Works with the IT Information Security Engineers to ensure software patches are installed.
(3) Verifies Biomedical equipment have physicalsecurity measures in place.
(4) Ensures software upgrades/updates are scheduled and coordinated with the user departments.
(5) Maintains work order folders with current status of repairs.
(6) Responds promptly to emergency calls.
(7) Repairs equipment in a cost effective, timely manner without requesting frequent help from others.
BIOMED CYBER SECURITY TECH DUTIES IV:
Work ethic and attitude. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Demonstrates excellence by performing quality work, maintains a positive outlook and strives for continuing quality improvement.
(2) Demonstrates integrity by working in a professional competentmanner, being responsible and dependable while taking pride in their work.
(3) Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by making wise use of time, tools, supplies and equipment.
(4) Reports to work on time and is ready for duty. Does not abuse lunch orbreak times.
(5) Adjusts schedule to accommodate hospital needs when requested.
(6) Keeps work areas clean, safe, and orderly.
(7) Shows patience when working with difficult and tedious situations.
BIOMED CYBER SECURITY TECH DUTIES V:
Strategy & Planning. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Collaborate with IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of Biomedical software and systems.
(2) Work with team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve systems issues.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, patient confidentiality, and other Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, as appropriate. The content of this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expectations performed by incumbents in this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties required and performed by the incumbent in the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the ‘at will’ employment relationship between the company and the employee. The organization has the right, at its sole discretion, based on business and patient needs, to alter or change the expectations at any time.
2 year/Associate Degree or combination of relevant education & experience may be considered in lieu of Associate's Degree
Relevant Experience (Biomed experince)
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS (MAY VARY BASED ON DEPARTMENT NEEDS).
PA Drivers License
* Reliable Transportation*
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Computer Skills to include use and navigation
According to The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled
individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose
undue hardships on the organization.
1. Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
2. Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
3. Writing: Must be able to accurately document pertinent information either by writing or typing.
4. Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Frequently within shift (34-66%): Sitting, Standing, Walking
Occasionally within shift (1-33%): Bending, Crouching, Squatting, Kneeling, Pulling with force, Reaching above head, Reaching above shoulder, Push/pull
(up to 350 lbs.), Lift from floor level up, Lift from waist level up, Lift above shoulders/head, Lifting 50 lbs. maximum & frequent lifting &/or carrying of
objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
May be exposed to blood borne pathogens Low Risk
May be exposed to toxic, caustic, chemicals &/or detergents
May be exposed to moving mechanical parts
May be exposed to potential electrical shock
May be exposed to communicable diseases