SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
We strive to be the testing leader in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Each employee must approach their job as an ongoing commitment to quality testing and customer service in order for the company to succeed. This means fulfilling commitments in both of the following key result areas: Customers & Our People.Job Summary:
The Biophysical/Biochemical Scientist is responsible for performing and reporting detailed biophysical characterization studies utilizing FTIR, CD, SEC-MALS,UV-VIS, DLS, Fluorescence and SV-AUC methodologies. Additionally, you will be supporting and performing analytical studies on biologics utilizing mass spectrometry and other related techniques.Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform analyses in one or more of the following analytical areas to ensure turnaround times are met, the work is performed safely and to the specified quality standards under the supervision of the Biophysical Team Leader of SGS LSS services, if required:
Assist in the operation and maintenance of biophysical instrumentation.
- Circular Dichroism
- Fourier Transform Infra-red Spectroscopy
- Analytical Ultracentrifugation Sedimentation Velocity
- Size Exclusion Multi-Angle Light Scattering
- Dynamic Light Scattering
- Flourescence and Ultraviolet-Visible Absorption Spectroscopy
Perform chemical solutions preparation, detailed and complex sample preparation procedures (e.g., digestions, purifications, buffer exchanges etc.) following SOP’s and established test Protocols.
Analyze samples and interpret data.
Perform reporting of data and review of reports.
Liaise with clients to discuss analytical requirements and results.
Training of laboratory personnel.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- MS or Ph.D degree in Biochemistry, Analytical Sciences
- Hands on application of one or more of the techniques listed above and understand their use in the characterization of Biopharmaceuticals.
- Possess experience in the analysis of biologics.
- Experience of working in a GLP/GMP environment highly preferred.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues, both internal and external.
- Be highly motivated, independent and interactive.
- Be highly organized and capable of multitasking to meet required deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.