Diagnostic Laboratory of Oklahoma at ISMC
Main Duties: The Blood Bank Supervisor has responsibility for planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities in the Blood Bank at Integris Southwest Medical Center. Responsible for performing duties to operate the Blood Banks with the highest quality, safety, and integrity, and in an efficient, economical and businesslike manner. Must mentor and support employees to insure they receive training and are competent to perform Blood Bank duties. Monitors quality assurance programs and interacts effectively with Quality Assurance Specialists. Responsible for staffing all personnel in the Blood Bank for day shift at ISMC. Reviews test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines. Resolves problems through interaction with clients and technical staff. Coordinates and monitors EHS programs and supervises activities of the Department Safety Coordinator. Ensures EHS regulatory standards and safety procedures are followed. Responsible for daily operations of Blood Bank. Able to meet physician’s needs by problem solving and resolution of their concerns. Attends monthly meetings as needed by the hospitals including but not limited to JCAHO, Patient Care, and Med Quality. Supervisor must be willing to work hours outside scheduled 8-5 hours, to make sure employees are trained and problems are resolved. Willing to work with Manager on all processes, both financial and technical. Reviews QC weekly and monthly, and interacts effectively with the Medical Director who is the Technical Supervisor. Must be able to interact effectively as a leader for Quest directed initiatives, as well as a leader on the DLO Blood Bank Best Practice Team.
Required Knowledge: MT(ASCP) SBB is prefered but a minimum requirement of BS degree in Medical Technology to meet CLIA standards for a laboratory General Supervisor is required. Applicant must demonstrate a broad knowledge of the technical aspects of the tests performed in Blood Bank. Applicant should demonstrate a willingness to stay abreast of the latest innovations in test methodologies. Applicant must be aware of the actions needed to meet all regulatory requirements, and must implement changes as necessary to meet changes in requirements.
Required Experience: Minimum – 5 years in a comprehensive Blood Bank setting required with 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
Special Requirement: MT(ASCP)SBB desired. Must demonstrate interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments and foster continuous improvements. Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements, including weekends, and holidays. Must demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to address clients and employees in a professional manner. Must be able to make decisions and handle multiple priorities in a high volume setting, able to organize and lead projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups.
Quest Diagnostics JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
1. Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
2. Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
3. Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
4. Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
5. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
6. Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Education: BS MT preferred Work Experience: 5+ years
Other: Experience in a laboratory environment.