Auto Body Technician / Automotive Body Technician / Body Shop Tech
*Sign on bonus for the right candidate*
Matt LaFontaine Auto Group is looking for Auto Body Technicians to join their team.
The Auto Body Technician repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders
- Fill depressions with body filler
- Remove damaged fenders, panels
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment
- Straighten bent automobile frames
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces
- Refinish repaired surface
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts