Ardagh Group manufactures packaging for the world's biggest brands. We have a reputation for innovation, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivaled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,500 people with global sales of approximately €7,7 bn.
Do you like to solve problems, build and fix equipment, and not mind getting your hands dirty? Ardagh Glass Inc has an oportunity for you to add a tremendous value to our organization and our customers. The Bottle Maker Development Program (BMDP) is a unique initiative within Ardagh Group’s Technical Training program for developing skilled Bottle Makers within the company. It is designed to provide solid glass manufacturing experience for hands-on individuals who are seeking a career.
The objective of the BMDP Program is to provide a broad manufacturing experience and a sound understanding of the glass composition and production process, including technical, quality, safety, and supervisory skills during an intense 48-month program of work assignments and related technical and non-technical seminars that will lay a strong foundation for becoming an expert in bottle making.
Bottle Maker Program participants will become assimilated into the Ardagh Group organization by participating in a comprehensive orientation program. BMDP participantswill be assigned to a technical mentor and various plant locations to begin their intense rotation within the glass manufacturing operation. BMDPs will be exposed to every functional department and also work on special assignments to help the plants meet goals and satisfy the needs of customers in a lean six sigma approach.
- Ideal candidates must possess a minimum of a high school degree. Associate’s degree or certification in a technical / mechanical or related discipline is preferred but will consider years of work experience.
- Must be motivated by solving problems and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have a willingness to learn, take initiative and accept challenging and difficult projects.
- Must have the commitment and drive to excel as an individual technical lead and team player.
- Must be flexible and willing to change in dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to make sound timely decisions and understand how those decisions impact the overall operation.
- Must have good communication and relational skills, as well as having strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Must have reasoning ability, decision making and implementation skills and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Must be committed to a 4-year program to become a Master Bottle Maker for Ardagh Group.
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts in a plant manufacturing environment with exposure to heat, fumes and moving machinery.
- Requires a significant amount of walking and climbing stairs.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as hearing and eye protection, steel toe boots, as well as additional PPE as required.
- Must be flexible and mobile with the ability to relocate within the company.
- Must be willing to travel for required training and plant assignments on regular basis up to 50%.
- Comply with all Food, Safety and Environmental regulations established by OSHA and the company.
- Must have a legal right to work in the United States and a valid driver’s license.