Performs inbound and/or outbound customer calling activities to present and sell company products or services to customer base. Utilizes phone or internet chat approaches for customer contact which are predominantly routine, but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedure with the assistance of a computerized system. Answers inquiries, resolves problems, promotes and sells products/services, and/or enters or confirms sales. Assesses needs and suggests/promotes alternative products or services.
Processes incoming or places outbound customer/prospect calls regarding various business unit products and services.
Identifies needs of customer and delivers services and/or products that are specific to the customer need in order to generate revenue.
Records all customer information and call history information accurately on appropriate paperwork or electronic systems.
Reviews daily information on the business unit customers’ changing needs and new features of service.
Promotes business unit products and/or services.
High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
Six (6) months previous sales experience
Ability to navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications required
Internet/Chat work areas - ability to type 35 words per minute required
General knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services required
Skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word & Outlook)
Ability to learn and work effectively with Mission, Webview, Verint, etc.
Skill in verbal and written communication
Skill in building strategic working relationships and in contributing to team success
Skill in quality orientation
Skill in being adaptable to changing business needs
Skill in analytical tasks
Skill in organizational and time management
Skill in learning new tasks and applying them on the job
Skill in initiating action to resolve issues
Ability to be scheduled to work the full range of hours (Monday through Sunday 5:00am - 12:00 midnight)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Regularly sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Regularly use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surface.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Have close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Occasionally wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
- Regularly work in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways.