- The core responsibility is the effective and efficient management of daily operational service, and productivity of the Electronic Payments department.
- Ensures adjustments to staff schedules to properly allocate resources in order to deliver high quality service and efficient productivity.
- Expected to develop, implement, and evaluate standard operational procedures to provide excellent service to members and internal staff and to maximize the efficiency and quality of work.
- Acts as a champion to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines, integrity, and security by recommending policies and internal controls.
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulatory and operational changed or enhancements affecting department and operations functions.
- Responsible for monitoring and reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts related to clearing and suspense accounts as assigned, including daily, weekly, and month end reconciling.
- Will oversee core platform programming, functionality, and controls related to Electronic Payments and operational processing activities, to include platform optimization, enhancements, testing, and implementation initiatives.
- Responsible for data analytics, metrics, and reporting.
- Will work with vendors, business units, core applications, and programming resources, and other data aggregators and access points.
- Responsible for vendor management and performance.
- Will assume responsibility for the effective performance of the Electronic Payments Department.
- Respond to all levels of internal inquiries, including those having a full breadth of complexity and requiring analytical interpretation regarding Inclearing, ACH, and ATM transactions and processing activities in a friendly, professional, and service-oriented manner.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive experience in an electronic payments environment, with at least five years in ACH-related experience, and three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements
- Proven leadership, management and motivational skills; ability to inspire others to achieve excellence
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ease in presenting information to a group
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- PC Skills: Word, Excel, Microsoft office
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.