The future of PenFed starts with you! Our goal at PenFed is to empower our members to “Do Better” financially. Do you have a passion to do meaningful work? Our teams' mission is to provide our members the tools to reach their financial goals. Here at PenFed, our members are like family and we believe everyone who dreams big and works hard deserves great rates and rewards. If you agree, you belong here.
Penfed is hiring a Branch Support Representative at our Honolulu, Hawaii location. The primary purpose of this job is to extend member relationships by offering appropriate financial solutions and services to meet our members’ needs. The incumbent will also train to conduct cash transactions and will be asked to process transactions both accurately and efficiently as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Deliver results by meeting or exceeding goals in a member-centric, results driven environment.
- Display strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in dialogue, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships, and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service.
- Demonstrate member service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently; utilizing critical thinking, and problem-solving skills or escalate as needed to promote member satisfaction.
- Utilize industry leading solutions to meet the unique life needs of our members to include home ownership, wealth management, financial education, and managing debt.
- Establish solid relationships with teammates, business partners and internal network by fostering teamwork and collaboration.
- Display passion, commitment, and a drive to deliver an experience that improves our members’ financial lives by explaining and cross selling all PenFed loan and share products as appropriate.
- Demonstrate initiative and a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
- Assist members’ thorough loan process to include inputting loan applications, reviewing terms and conditions, and disbursement.
- Remain knowledgeable of the competitive landscape within the financial services industry.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize.
- Provide assistance performing cash transactions when necessary to meet member needs and deliver best in class member experience.
- Provide support to other branches to include working weekends and/or extended hours as required to operate the business.
- Support additional PenFed initiatives to support needs of members, and business.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate Degree in a related field such as business management, business administration, or finance
- Minimum of two (2) year of demonstrated successful sales experience is required.
- Minimum of at least six (6) months of cash handling experience.
- Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.