The Branch Team Lead exists in any size branch. Under minimal supervision, the Branch Team Lead performs a wide variety of complex duties related to handling member transactions such as: receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, loan and VISA payments, making account transfers, making cash advances, recommending other products and services, performing all types of withdrawals, account maintenance, and opening all deposit account types (including business services accounts).
The Branch Team Lead (BTL) is responsible for cross-selling all credit union products and services, and meeting minimum referral standards (core/non-core products and services), including Investment Services, first mortgages, insurance products and AUTOLAND (Car Buying Service). Also insures that the Relationship Specialist staff that they supervise meets the minimum referral standards. The Branch Team Lead is expected to lead morning sales huddles and evening debriefs of sales results.
The Branch Team Lead is comprehensively cross-trained to handle services such as: issuing temporary cards, re-pinning existing cards, ordering new cards or instant-issue debit cards in the branch, setting up online banking, issuing temporary checks, retrieving copy images of checks, and performing account allocations according to a member request. The Branch Team Lead maintains records of cash advances, and balances all of the above including a daily cash drawer.
The Branch Team Lead ensures member transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner to make sure that Credit Union member service goals are achieved. The Branch Team Lead may also be called upon to assist with training new RS I and II, assist with daily balancing, and branch fine cash count. Additionally, the Branch Team Lead is responsible for staff scheduling, approvals and overrides of transactions, and vault duties such as selling and ordering cash and coin, and may be asked for input to the performance review process for RS I and II.
The position is also responsible for approving checks, large deposits or other items not within the RS I and II limits. The Branch Team Lead performs all functions of the RS I and II proficiently in addition to having the authority to open and/or close a branch. The value the Branch Team Lead adds to the organization is: it allows for immediate approval authority, performs overrides for RS and other frontline staff, allows personalized service and provides opportunities to conduct needs-based sales using referrals of other credit union products and services that support various production goals.
- Performs all RS duties: account maintenance, receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits and loan payments, transfers, cash advances, and all types of withdrawals (cash and checks), cash balancing.
- Assists the Branch in achieving Sales goals through cross-selling and referrals, both personally and by training and coaching the RS staff. Is also expected to lead morning sales huddles and evening sales results debriefs. Insuring that they and their RS staff achieve minimum referral standards.
- Performs a wide variety of account maintenance such as change of address and name changes.
- Required to complete monthly compliance training and all other credit union training offered to RS. Completes the Branch Team Lead Checklist.
- Balances cash drawer.
- Assists with vault transactions, performs scheduling, overrides and approvals, signature guarantees, sells and orders cash and coin.
- Opens all deposit account types (including business service accounts), processing Harland American check orders and issuing of temporary checks. Processes plastic card services such as issuing temporary cards, repining existing cards and ordering new cards.
- Conducts all daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational, transactional and fraud audits and submits final reports to branch management.
- Open and/or close Branch in absence of Branch Sales Manager or by Branch operations schedule. Disburse cash if opening Branch, or balance cash drawer if closing Branch. Perform all other required operational and procedural duties.
- Participate in the selection, advancement, or counseling of the RS staff by providing feedback to the BSM during the interview, performance appraisal and/or disciplinary process.
- Participate in special projects as directed by Branch management.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Represent the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect
- 2 years progressive experience in sales and/or operations. 18 months Lead Teller experience
- Knowledge of cash handling and negotiable items.
- Knowledge of BSA, Regulation CC, D, E and all other pertinent regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all deposit and loan products and all services.
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and NCUA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate office machines to include 10-key and PC.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent cash balancing record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, member service, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and guidance, and work as a team member of a diverse group.
- Must present a professional demeanor
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Outlook and be able to compute interest on savings, loans, and certificates.
- Capable of working under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Be able to demonstrate use of sound judgment (check holds, member concerns, basic employee issues, scheduling conflicts, etc.).
- Be able to multi-task.
- Completion of STAR Program for Deposit Services
Education: High School or Equivalent
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place