We are looking for a dynamic breaking news producer forAnchor a Washington DC based national morning newscast. The position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership and creativity. The candidate will oversee the day-to-day production of breaking news segments within morning newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Breaking News Reporter, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position you will contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition, you must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently during breaking news events
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be a self-starter and who can find breaking news content
- Ability to edit video for stories
- Ability to create graphics for breaking news segments
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Work closely with breaking news reporter
- Oversee coverage in control room during breaking news situations
- Work closely with anchor and breaking news reporter on show content
- Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience producing engaging television newscasts at commercial news operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Journalism degree preferred
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.