WSYX / WTTE, in Columbus, OH, is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
- Maintain and repair transmitters (TV, Microwave, satellite, etc.), fiber networks, satellite receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, video production switchers, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors, video server systems, and display systems
- Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
- Provide technical support to operational users
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
- Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for CAD documentation on all work performed on technical systems
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
- Other duties may be assigned
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Be able to read and understand technical materials
- Experience working with computers, servers, and network switches
- Be able to troubleshoot network problems
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes, including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- An associate’s degree (AA) in electronics is preferred
- 2-5 years of broadcast experience preferred
- Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.