Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide securities operations processing for Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG), Navy Federal Brokerage Services (NFBS), Navy Federal Asset Management (NFAM) and registered staff. Acts as a "Principal" for assigned new accounts for NFBS and NFAM and reviews/approves new accounts and trades for securities and insurance business. To administer and maintain the integrated electronic document repository of member securities records and ensure compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), FINRA, other regulatory agency rules and Navy Federal guidelines/policies.
• Assist management with external agency/internal audits by developing ad hoc reports request during site audits, provision of legal documents and/or explanations of subsidiary reports.
• Compile statistical/historical data for group/division reports, audits and projects, distributes to management or third parties/auditors.
• Contact members, Navy Federal staff and vendors to obtain additional information, initiate resolution of missing and/or incomplete document issues.
• Educate Client Relationship Managers on systems, process and procedures, timelines and best practices related to securities and insurance documentation, fling and reporting.
• Keep current with changes in SEC and other regulatory agency regulations governing maintenance of securities records and related Navy Federal policies and procedures.
• Keep required registrations/licenses/certifications active/current and in good standing; complete continuing education requirements as dictated by Firm and Regulatory elements.
• Perform dispute resolution related to corrections, funds transfers/equity, and fee negotiations of new/existing accounts.
• Provide oversight/monitoring or rejection of new accounts, trades and insurance processing activities according to Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction (OSJ) for senior principals.
• Respond to client, Principles, management and/or third party inquiries regarding documents, information, and new account status.
• Respond to management requests for research of securities and insurance issues, summarizes findings for decisions/actions.
•Review internal/external transfer and cashiering requests for accuracy and ensures timely/accurate processing.
• Review, monitor and report operations trends and best practices to management to ensure/implement quality administration and effective collaboration with Principals and clients.
• Review/approve new accounts to ensure “suitability” of product mix per NFBS/NFAM processes and standards.
• Review/track/process securities/insurance documents and ensure completeness/accuracy and filing meets complies with federal/industry regulations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or appropriate.
• Experience in the financial services industry, preferably in Securities and Insurance, providing operational and/or administrative support.
• Knowledge, understanding of Securities and Insurance, and application of broker/dealer operations methods, and procedures.
• Effective skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices and regulations.
• Working knowledge of SEC and FINRA regulations regarding the maintenance of securities records.
• Upon selection for this position, the incumbent will be required to obtain FINRA Series 7 and 24, NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and 63 in states where required) registration and Life & Health Insurance License to be obtained within 120 days.
• Experience using CRD & IARD databases to create/update registered securities employee records.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Skill interacting with staff, management, vendors, members diplomatically & tactfully.
• Skill to influence, negotiate & persuade to reach agreeable exchange & positive outcomes.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Desired - FINRA Series 7 and 24, NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and 63 in states where required) registration and Life & Health Insurance License.
• Desired -Proficiency with database, imaging systems and word processing software.
• Desired -Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and judgment, and to work independently and as a team member.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, Virginia 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.