The Bus Shelter Maintenance is responsible for all aspects of 250 shelters and 600 stops, including but not limited to, structure, paint, glass, graffiti protection, lights, destination signs, receptacle, benches, etc. He/she will also be managing and documenting the regular preventive maintenance and repairs of the shelters, documenting of those efforts on a computer based system. Additional include to help with the facility maintenance as needed.
The Bus Shelter Maintenance under limited supervision of the Facility Maintenance Manager, must act autonomously in developing daily personal work assignment to accomplish the workload for the shelters & stops, and its appearance, and the following:
- Be able to work with hand tools and power tools
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Record all parts and supplies used on equipment
- Be familiar with statutes of and regulations pertaining to his/her trade
- Ensure safety policies and procedure are followed in the facility
- Keeps a clean and safe working environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Class C Driver's license
- Must be willing and able to work varied shifts, weekends & holidays as needed/assigned
- Must become proficient in the use of facility diagnostic equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Familiar with company policies and procedures
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.