The Summer Internship Program allows students the opportunity to work on meaningful, business-essential projects that will give them the hands-on experience they need to build a solid foundation for their future. The program targets undergraduate students between their junior and senior year, and acts as a preview for full-time employment and potential opportunities in our leadership development program upon graduation. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry, as well as develop essential leadership skills.
Location: Dublin, Ohio (Additional locations may be available based on business needs. Applicants must be open to relocation.)
Start Date: May 18th or 26th, 2020
Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks
Why Choose the Cardinal Health Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with other Cardinal Health professionals on their team, as well as business partners, customers and vendors on substantial projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a planning committee. At the end of the summer, each intern has the opportunity to showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns learn from key business leaders through the “Executive Speaker Series”. They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through both formal and informal networking events.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program, as well as professional workshops to enhance their business acumen. They are also able to explore full time career paths throughout their internship experience.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers various social, teambuilding, community service events, as well as tours to help interns build a solid network of peers.
What Customer Support Services contributes to Cardinal Health
Customer Support Services (CSS) is the company's shared business partner that understands our external customers' unique needs. This organization specializes in improving each customer interaction. Specifically, CSS services Hospitals, Pharmacies, and Surgery Centers as they order Pharmaceutical and Medical Products and work through product and delivery issues. CSS also administers supplier contracts and resolves customer pricing issues.
As a Customer Support Services Intern, you could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- Support the planning and execution of key projects for Customer Support Services
- Assist in efforts to drive process simplification and process efficiency, as well as implementation of enabling tools that support that effort
- Assist in the planning and execution activities to support strategic objectives to improve the customer experience, increase selling time for the sales team and improve the mix of projects sold
- Participate in the identification and resolution of issues identified during deployment
- Other duties upon request
Accountabilities in this role:
- Proven communications skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to follow guidelines and adhere to timelines established
Cardinal Health primarily recruits current, full-time students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any business major or a related field
- Expected graduation of winter 2020 or spring 2021, preferred
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Established work ethic and ambition
- Extensive community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Process and results orientation
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States with no requirement for future sponsorship
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.