EMERGE is Cardinal Health’s entry-level rotational program designed to offer leadership development to participants in an environment where they can rotate through different departments and locations. Participants are provided an ideal opportunity to continue exploring careers within their discipline while gaining valuable work experience needed to succeed in the future. The program is geared towards recent college graduates interested in the health care industry that are searching for a challenging, rewarding career in a fast-paced, consumer-oriented environment. The goal of the program is to provide participants the tools and experiences to accelerate their career path at Cardinal Health. Participants in the program are full-time benefit eligible employees.
While in the program, participants will:
- Develop and apply business skills
- Experience broad and diverse rotations
- Receive ongoing training/development
- Build relationships through networking
- Accelerate professional development
- Enhance productivity through process improvement
- Develop a solid peer support group
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas to our company
Location: Various Locations (May include, but are not limited to Arkansas, Kentucky, Ohio, Texas etc.)
Start Date: July 2020
What Customer Support Services contributes to Cardinal Health
Customer Support Services (CSS) is the company's shared business partner that understands our external customers' unique needs. This organization specializes in improving each customer interaction. Specifically, CSS services Hospitals, Pharmacies, and Surgery Centers as they order Pharmaceutical and Medical Products and work through product and delivery issues. CSS also administers supplier contracts and resolves customer pricing issues.
Why Choose the Customer Support Services (CSS) EMERGE Program?
Participants will experience a high degree of responsibility and accountability within the CSS discipline. Participants are expected to perform at a level signifying their commitment to the achievement of their professional goals as well as the success of the program and the company. They are expected to bring value to the department, enhance and improve the rotation and achieve management business objectives as defined by the rotation manager and the program management team. The goal of the program is to provide participants with an accelerated career path to potentially become a future CSS leader within the organization.
Participants will complete three 12-month rotations. Rotations will be determined based on business needs. Relocation is required for participants in the program.
Rotations may include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Service
- Contracts & Pricing
- Enterprise Data
- Product Support
Cardinal Health primarily recruits current, full-time students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any business major or a related field
- Expected graduation of winter 2019 or spring 2020, preferred
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Established work ethic and ambition
- Extensive community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Process and results orientation
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States with no requirement for future sponsorship
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.