Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As a Business Analyst for our Procurement organization, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we see.
This is a functional role that is responsible for supporting the Procurement reporting initiatives and implementation/maintenance of Procurement systems. This role’s primary focus will be on the implementation, maintenance and administration of the Procurement Sourcing, Contracting, and Spend Analytics system. Responsibilities will also include rebate reconciliation, generation of reporting packages, and Procurement master data management including the item master. This position will act as a super-user for procurement systems that will support guidelines, standard operating procedures, and training of all modules.
Requires close coordination with stakeholders, represented by Procurement Operations Center, Category Managers, Portfolio Directors, Compliance & Quality, and the Business Units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as main system administrator for the sourcing, contracting, and spend analytics system. Responsibilities include maintaining security, maintaining suppliers, developing dashboards and reporting, troubleshooting issues, and monitoring interfaces as needed. This role is responsible for communicating all upgrades to the system and delivering changes to the system in a timely manner.
2. Develops and maintains all standard operating procedures related to the sourcing, contracting, and spend analytics system. Works with the PLT, users and compliance to refine and improve the system procedures as needed. Serves as subject matter expert on the system and handles all inquiries related to the system. Researches best practices and implements a best in class system.
3. Conducts training for all employees on the procurement sourcing, contracting, and spend analytics system. Develop refresher trainings for problem areas, as well as provide training on system updates. Develops training aids including quick reference guides, web tutorials and other tools to assist with compliance of the tool.
4. Provide support during Acquisitions/PLS system transition to PeopleSoft Inventory/Order Management. Make certain the needs of stakeholders are met during the design/implementation phases.
5. Provide support for future PeopleSoft System implementations and upgrades.
6. Create functional specifications for any customizations identified during design phase of Procurement implementations.
7. Provide functional post implementation support for all Procurement related systems including the testing of bug fixes/bundles.
8. Develop SOP’s to support new system initiatives.
9. Seek opportunities to retire systems to maximize efficiency.
10. Provide system training to Procurement Department when needed.
11. Responsible for maintaining a clean and accurate item database with timely updates to ensure data integrity and the uninterrupted flow of goods and services.
12. Responsible for supporting the maintenance of other Master Data elements related to Procurement and increasing efficiencies and accuracy within that data.
13. Create/maintain queries on adhoc basis for Procurement Department.
14. Track and reconcile all rebates and incentives
15. Assist with month end savings reporting process
16. Generate monthly/weekly reporting packages including the Monthly Operating Report
17. Lead or assist with other Procurement initiatives as instructed by Executive Director, Enterprise Purchasing, Systems & Reporting
- PeopleSoft Query writing
- Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Team player – ability to partner with professionals in assigned areas
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Leadership and drive
- Analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task while being detail orientated
- Ability to structure and solve problems
- Ability to set high standards and achieve them
- Change agent
- Decision making
- Influencing skills
- Green Belt Six Sigma Certification/QMS Certification
- BA/BS in business or information technology, or the equivalent in experience.
Advanced degree (MBA/MS) helpful.
- 3+ years experience in selection, implementation and management of procurement systems, with demonstrated results (successful implementations and post-production support).
- Contract/Sourcing System (e-Sourcing) experience
- Experience in creating and generating reporting packages
- Procurement Master Data Management maintenance experience
- PeopleSoft Inventory experience
- PeopleSoft Order Management experience
- PeopleSoft Procurement experience
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Category management experience
- International implementation experience (multicurrency, VAT)
- Diagnostics industry experience
Travel as needed for Procurement Systems Implementations