Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Business Analyst II acts as a facilitator and a liaison between Business and IT for all aspects of business and products changes. This position requires a broad understanding of business, technology, and requirements gathering/documenting concepts. The Business Analyst II collaborates with the PMO, Product Management, Solution Architects, Business Partners, Application Development, and Software Quality Assurance Teams throughout the project execution process to drive the creation of business requirements documentation, contribute subject matter expertise, and support user acceptance testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with the PMO, Product Management, Solution Architects, Business Partners, Application Development, and Software Quality Assurance Teams to understand scope, solutions, constraints, and risks
• Communicate identified risks and collaborate in developing mitigation strategies
• Ensure timely escalation of project related risks/issues to the project team
• Elicits requirements using a variety of methods including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, and business workflow analysis.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding to discern user needs and key requirements.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information and business workflow to deliver functional requirements, use cases, and user interface designs
• Challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
• Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
• Prepare and manage deliverables including but not limited to:
-Gap Analysis of the current and future business process models as Workflow diagrams/Visual presentations
-Detailed Business Requirements/business rules (BRD), Use Cases, or User Stories
-Functional specification document or Agile user story documents
-Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Provide input into the UAT test plan including test scenarios
• Works closely with product business owners/labs to facilitate effective UAT execution
• Provide input into training documentation and support end user training for testers, business partners
• Provide BA support throughout the life cycle of the project including milestone metrics
• Collaborate with the Development and QA Teams to assess and triage defects
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• 3-5 years of IT Business Analysis experience
• Clinical Lab Industry experience preferred, including Billing and/or Reporting experience in this space
• Working knowledge of SDLC phases and methodologies (traditional waterfall and agile)
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates strong communication, customer service, and negotiation skills
• Demonstrates strong presentation and facilitation skills with a cross functional business audience
• Ability to communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner to a diverse audience
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.