Business Controller - Turbocharging
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Serving as the key partner for the Business Unit Manager of the Process Automation Turbocharging, you will be a vital member of its finance team in Miramar, Florida. You will help to set business strategy in line with wider division and product group strategies.
Reporting to the Business Controller, you will be act as a business partner to the relevant business manager. Lead local Controlling team to optimize financial performance within Turbocharging Business. Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- Strategy: Contributes to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serves as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and team members regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Business planning and forecasting: Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local Division Manager. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- Business performance and decision support: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and inventory management. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Risk management: Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executes risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure. Influence business partners to adhere to and support risk control and standardization initiatives.
- Financial reporting and business information: Establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Internal controls and Compliance: Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits.
- Communication with internal stakeholders: Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- People leadership and development: Ensures (with Human Resources (HR) Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years of experience in general accounting or finance.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and familiarity with SAP a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.